NCCU at your fingertips
Our Online Banking allows members of the Nevis Co-operative Credit Union (NCCU) who have registered for the service, to perform transactions from the comfort and security of their homes and offices; and reduce the phone call charges and visits to the credit union office for information.
What you need to know
- All persons desirous of opening an account with the Nevis Co-operative Credit Union Limited (hereinafter referred to as the NCCU) must be over sixteen (16) years of age and must first apply for Membership of the Credit Union, prior to being allowed to open an account. If the membership application is accepted, then an account shall be opened.
- The Co-operative Societies Act 2011 section 26 (2) (a) and the Credit Unions’ By-laws restricts applicants for membership of the entity to residents and citizens of St. Kitts & Nevis.
- A person sixteen (16) years of age and under cannot become a member of the Credit Union or open an account. A Custodial Account can be opened in their name by their Custodian.
- As a regulated financial institution, we are required to obtain, verify, record and maintain accurate customer information as is required under the ‘Know your customer policy’ as set out in the National Anti-Money Laundering Regulations. As a result, all new account holders and account managers must provide information that identifies each person who opens or manages an account as captioned below.
Documents required to apply for membership
1. Valid Photo Identification – any two of the following documents will be accepted:
The document presented must have an expiry date of at least six months from the current date.
2. Proof of address – any one of the following is required:
|Proof of Address||Valid Period|
|Utility Bill showing service address (any utility bill will be accepted)||3 months|
|Bank Statement||3 months|
|Hire Purchase Statement||3 months|
|Letter From University||3 months|
|Job Letter (From a recognized employer stating the residential address, also if the employer is based overseas, then the letter should ne notarized)||3 months|
|Inland Revenue Property Tax Receipt||6 months|
|Lease Agreement accompanied by a lease payment receipt||Current|
|Rental Property Agreement accompanied by a rent receipt||Current|
|Property Insurance Policy||Current|
3. Proof of income – any one of the following is required:
The document presented should not be more than 3 months/90 days old.
4. Two(2) Bank References are required to be submitted by applicant who are Non Resident Nationals.
This document should be addressed to the General Manager of the Nevis Co-operative Credit Union Limited.
5. All documents mailed-in, including a completed application form, are required to be notarized.
Please note that the proof of address, bank reference, proof of income or any other similar document that is to be submitted by a non-resident applicant and or a non-national applicant are required to be notarized.
6. Membership qualifying shares requirement is $500.00
7. Please note that additional requirements may apply any time.
8. Tattered or defaced documents will not be accepted.
9. Completed application form.
To find out more or to become a member, visit our office or click here to apply now.