NCCU Job Vacancy: Accounting Officer
JOB TITLE : ACCOUNTING OFFICER
JOB STATUS : FULL TIME
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants to fill the position of Accounting Officer at the Nevis Co-operative Credit Union Limited.
The successful candidate will be required to verify that all transactions entered into the core banking software are done within the policies and procedures of the organization. Candidate will also be responsible to ensure that accuracy is maintained in the balances of members’ personal ledgers and the institution’s general ledger accounts.
A Bachelor’s Degree in Banking, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business Administration, Management, or a related field and/or a minimum of five (5) years of experience in a senior accounting position.
- Responsible for performing first line audit of entity wide transactions.
- Maintain general and personal ledger accounts in balance.
- Reconcile bank accounts and investments portfolio.
- Manage the payables and receivables of all business partners.
- Monitor the income and expenses of the institution in line with budgetary allocations, and
- Assist with the management of accounting for and reconciliation of debit card transactions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Keen attention to detail and methodical approach
- Values confidentiality, integrity and ethical principles
- Ability to multi-task and work independently
- Competency in Microsoft applications especially excel.
All applications should be submitted with detailed Curriculum Vitae and two (2) personal references no later than April 28, 2023.
Applications should be sent to:
The Human Resource Manager
Nevis Co-operative Credit Union Limited
P.O. Box 452, Chapel Street
Email: [email protected]